LETTERS TO JULIET

Saturday, June 04, 2016


First of all I would call this post as a way of sharing about how certain movies were intrigued me, rather than a movie review. Here's one of my fave movie: Letters to Juliet (2010). Proof of its capability about aroused my interest is simply that I finally put it into blog as I'm doing now.
Short story there was Claire, sent a 'letter to juliet' in Juliet's House, Verona, telling her perplexity of love. Here's Claire's letter hoping to find an answer:
I didn't go to him, Juliet.
I didin't go to Lorenzo.
His eyes were so full of trust.
I promised I'd meet him and run away together
because my parents don't approve.
But, instead, I left him waiting for me
below our tree-waiting and wondering where I was.
I'm in Verona now,
I return to London in the morning and I am so afraid.
Please, Juliet tell me what I should do?
My heart is breaking and I have no one else to turn to.

Love, Claire 

and she got her letter replied...
50 years later,
written by Sophie-under the name of Juliet-who was accidentally found Claire's letter. 
Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be.
But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you
for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?
I don't know how your story ended but
if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late.
If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now?
You need only the courage to follow your heart.
I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for,
love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it,
that I will have the courage to seize it.
And, Claire,
if you didn't,
I hope one day that you will.
All my love, Juliet.

Well Claire may got a very late reply, but then it was just tell us nothing is too late when it comes to love, no? And as a lesson for any young-lovers in wheresoever that, whenever you have to choose between what you think and what you feel, please never hesitate to always follow what's in your heart. Aside from the love-life part spices the whole story, I think this movie has a strong meaningful message. And I believe, the famous follow-your-heart command is not as easy as we asked it to others. I am wondering if I have the ability, if I have the courage, without considering any other things? For the moment, I don't know.
In spite of all, is this movie stands on the list of your favorite too?

xx virgamaleva

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thanks for reading! Let virgamaleva knows by leave your footprint here: